Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from mining, to road building, to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
Aecon Constructors is a leading North American heavy civil construction contractor with nearly a century of experience. Our capabilities encompass the full range of heavy civil construction from highways and toll routes, to dams and tunnels, airports, marine facilities, transit systems and hydroelectric power projects. For more information please visit our website (www.aecon.com
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop the Project Quality Assurance Plan, Project Quality Systems and Procedures and oversee their implementation by the Subcontractors and the Construction Management Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist all Functional managers in the implementation of the Project Quality Plan.
- Conduct quality induction and training programs for all on-site personnel.
- Review and approve all subcontractors and suppliers quality plans. Conduct regular audits to ensure proper implementation and compliance with the Aecon Project Quality Plan.
- Conduct regular on-site inspections and verifications to ensure the Quality Management Systems being used by all project subcontractors comply with the Project Quality Plan.
- Assist the Project Management Team to identify, document, disposition and close out all quality problems and issues. Assist them in the identification and control of non conforming products or services until the corrective solutions are effectively implemented. Ensure corrective actions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence of non conforming work.
- Maintain a registry of non-compliance reports and review all non-compliance reports for correct and effective disposition and final close out.
- Monitor all external audits of the Project Quality Plan.
- Assist the Construction Management Team and Subcontractors in the development of work method statements, inspection & test plans and any check sheets used in recording quality data. Review and approve all submittals to be used in the course of the subcontracted work.
- Monitor the quality records of all subcontracted work and review all quality records on an ongoing basis to ensure records are being generated and the results demonstrate the work that is compliant with quality procedures.
- Chair weekly quality review meeting with the Construction Team.
- Prepare monthly Quality Systems Reports.
- Conduct quarterly management reviews of the project Quality Plan.
- Assist in the preparation of the end of project report.
- Ensure all Quality Documents and Quality Records are uploaded onto the SharePoint document management system.
- Your responsibilities will include other tasks which your Manager may instruct you to undertake from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5-10 years as a Quality Assurance Manager on design build construction projects built to ISO 9001 Certification.
- Proven record in the implementation of Project Quality Management Systems on large infrastructure and heavy civil projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Extensive experience in Quality Management Systems patterned on ISO 9001 Certification.
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Constructors Canada.