Dynamic Funds is a fully integrated wealth management firm. It offers a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Dynamic's products include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs. As one of Canada's leading, integrated wealth management companies, our commitment to fostering partnerships between investors and financial advisors has been unwavering.
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
You will have the opportunity to…
- Partner with various Investment Operation teams in support of the GCIC Investment Management team.
- Be involved in operational processes, investigations, complete process analysis, management reporting and participate in various business initiatives.
- Be part of the department responsible for operational functions for different security types (e.g., equities/fixed income/derivatives/currencies) both domestically and internationally;
- Cover the derivatives activities of account opening with counterparties, trade validation, settlement, collateral calculations and movements, mark to market, gain loss calculations, posting and reconciliation;
- Strong understanding of trade matching, confirmation, trade instruction, delivery, settlement, and collateral management;
- Develop a strong knowledge of systems, various interfaces and portfolio management data;
- Monitor trading issues and ensure controls are in place to mitigate exposure to risk, liability and losses;
- Liaise with traders, portfolio managers, custodians, brokers and internal departments to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities;
- Adhere to department policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure deadlines are met and escalations made when appropriate;
- Participate in the reviewing of processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and mitigate risks (financial and reputational);
- Participate in the testing and implementation of operational enhancements and special projects;
- Compile and complete various reporting to management where required; and
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree – BA, Comm;
- CSC certification;
- Derivatives Fundamental Course is a strong asset (CSI);
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. especially Excel & Access);
- Knowledge of Charles River, MPower SSCNet, GTSS, Bloomberg and Omgeo products is an asset;
- 3-5 years relevant Securities Industry experience;
- Solid analytical and problem resolution skills;
- Strong aptitude for systems and working with data;
- Highly self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle high volume, time sensitive activities in demanding environment;
- Self starter (initiative, ability to work productively without supervision);
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Dynamic Funds is managed by GCIC Ltd., an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.