A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at DundeeWealth
You will have the opportunity to…
- Gather, analyze and create project artifacts including business requirements, business rules, analysis documents and business flow charts/diagrams throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct effective information gathering sessions with external vendors, internal clients and system development teams to proactively identify issues and find solutions
- Implement and support trading and portfolio management systems and their related processes
- Produce and review business requirements, specifications, business processes and proposed solutions;
- Review and provide feedback on functional and system design specifications for enhancements and new implementations;
- Communicate system requirements to development teams or external vendors/service providers;
- Work with internal clients, such as Investment Counsel, Private Wealth, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, and Data Administration to identify required system and process changes;
- Aid in the development of queries and improve reporting performance;
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance team with testing efforts, including reviewing their test scenarios and test plans;
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner;
- Assist the support team with issue resolution as required;
- Take input from Manager and appropriately and accurately apply comments/feedback;
- Proactively identify opportunities where technologies, systems and processes can improve operations and help achieve organizational goals through business process re-engineering;
- Support the Project Manager in developing project plans, schedules, and maintaining the project deadlines.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent designation;
- Minimum 6 years related work experience in the financial services industry, preferably in investment management field;
- Good knowledge of investment instruments: equity, fixed income, derivatives, etc.;
- CSC certification or CFA enrolment/completion an asset;
- Experience with Trade Order Management (e.g. Charles River) and Fund/Portfolio Accounting System (e.g. MPower, SimCorp Dimension);
- Experience with financial applications such as CADIS, Bloomberg, FIX, Eagle, Omgeo Oasys, CheckFree Recon an asset;
- Experience in process mapping and business process improvement;
- Strong knowledge of query and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, Crystal Report) as well as database structure and logic;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Visio;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to stay organized and focused under conditions of multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision while ensuring accuracy and quality of deliverables;
- Clear written and oral communication skills;
- Team-oriented and a creative thinker.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.