Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Qx locates is Aecon Infrastructure’s utility locate business currently established in the province of Ontario. Under Qx Locates, Aecon has developed a full-service locate division which locates underground utilities as a pre-construction damage prevention measure, and as a cable locate and restoration response to emergency damage to client networks. Locating all underground utilities, it is an approved locate contractor for major gas and electric utility companies.
Reporting to the Qx Locates Manager of Operations, the Office Administrator will be responsible for supporting the daily activities of the job site.
- Receptionist/customer service: emergency locate dispatch, damage investigation dispatch and assisting customers on the phone with locate inquiries and follow up
- Respond to internal and external emails in a timely manner
- Create and populate daily and weekly reports indicating locate status either for internal or external purposes
- Assist with completing and communicating on-call schedules
- Assist with Qx’s locate coordination service and ensure all locate requests are up to date and valid
- Create locate requests in Teldig for Qx’s private locate services
- Compile and review billing to ensure accuracy
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and courier
- Meets and greets all visitors in a positive friendly manner
- Maintains an organized filing system on site
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in a Business Administration or other relevant program
- Must possess 2 + years of office related experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to deal tactfully with employees, visitors and customers
- Intermediate level of computer skills in Microsoft Office tools as Word and Excel
- Working knowledge pertaining to modern office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems
- Training in Safety and experience in the construction industry is an asset
- Must be a team player, be able to work independently and prioritize work load
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs”: http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs.
You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under QX Locates.