Aecon Construction Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for accurately estimating the cost of labour, equipment and materials for the supply and installation of underground utilities within new development projects. Also, coordinating related contract administration, procurement and invoicing functions for awarded projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Manager of Operations with data and project analysis
- Supports project Superintendent and Foremen in management of projects and crews
- Tracks productivity, costs and progress on projects
- Performs quantity take-off from construction drawings
- Liaises with, and inform Bell, TV and Gas utilities on project schedule
- Distributes administrative documentation appropriately upon award of project
- Monitors and provides job cost reports to management on active projects
- Creates and submits progress and final invoicing to accounts receivable
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of as-built drawings
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides data and input for month-end reconciliations
- Communicates with customer technical support departments
- Provides technical support to field staff
- Maintains files and correspondence on active and completed projects
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- College Graduate – Civil Engineering Technologist / Construction Technology
- Estimating experience in the construction industry with utility projects is a strong asset
- Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
- Sound computer skills – MS Excel / Lotus, MS Word, MS Project
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Self motivated with good organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver’s license
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Utilities.