The Accounting Technician provides accounting support to enable the department to deliver on professional services and financial solutions to the organization. This role is responsible for analyzing, recording and reporting financial data, and preparing financial/summary reports. This position also participates in the determination and implementation of preventative control measures and solutions, assisting in the identification and recommendations for process improvements. The Accounting Technician will act as a consultative partner by providing regular input and resolving routine issues for internal and external stakeholders to enable the business to deliver on business initiatives efficiently and effectively.
The Accounting Technician will perform all or some of the following duties: See attached for details about duties in specific areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily gaming transaction reviews
- Account for revenue and/or accounts receivable (including invoicing); or accounts payable; or cash flow and related activities
- Post journal entries for accounting adjustments
- Perform account reconciliations
- Complete various function-specific analyses and reports in support of other departmental functions
- Interacts with personnel from suppliers, service providers, retailers, vendors, banks, and other third parties to resolve transactional and/or process issues
- Interacts with other Finance areas including (but not limited to) Procurement and Taxation
- Interacts with Business Technology to effect resolution of process and systems issues
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Working knowledge of corporate financial systems
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present comprehensive information in an easily understood manner
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to apply them in a practical way.
When working in Accounts Payable this role is responsible for the setting up and monitoring of accounts payable, in addition to conducting system transactional input, cheque production and distribution, as well as maintenance of all physical accounting and SAP records:
- Interprets written rules and regulations;
- maintains accounting records involving multiple transactions;
- reviews financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards;
- compiles, verifies, and reconciles financial data;
- places holds, assesses late fees and processes debit/credit memos;
- enters coding and data into the computer and reviews computer output for accuracy.
When working in Accounts Receivable this role performs accounts receivable (billing) functions for a variety of contracts.
- Maintains accounts receivable records.
- Processes all aspects of revenue accounting and accounts receivable (billings) for a variety of contracts and customers;
- ensures accurate and timely management of billings;
- researches and resolves billing issues; analysis data and prepares reports;
- answers inquiries and contacts customers as necessary to clarify issues and update accounts.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.014 - Accounting Technician.