Aurion Capital Management is an established investment counseling firm that focuses on institutional, private client and sub advisory mandates as well as providing investment solutions to major pension plans.
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Aurion Capital
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to...
- Lead all accounting activities associated with Aurion’s real estate mandates and products.
- Perform ongoing Monitoring of client portfolios for allocation and diversification within the context of each client’s mandate guidelines.
- Assist in monitoring, building and leveraging relationships with clients and custodians.
- Working with Aurion’s CFO and Controller, design and implement a comprehensive accounting and reporting process and program for a new real estate investment fund organized as a limited partnership;
- Overall responsibility for real estate accounting, cash call/distribution management, custodial recording and reconciliations, financial and compliance reporting, and audit issues;
- Liaising with clients and their accounting staff, assisting with clients’ IFRS and ASPE reporting requirements and audits, ensuring consistent application among respective real estate managers and fielding all related questions;
- Track and process cash distributions and cash calls and liaise with client’s real estate managers and custodian bank to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and process compliant management of cash needs plus reconciliation with client’s records on an ongoing basis;
- Assist in preparation of monthly requirements for financial and performance reporting;
- Prepare and review quarterly client reporting compliance reporting information;
- Prepare and analyze quarterly and annual real estate investment valuations;
- Responsibility for year-end financial reporting requirements
- Provide assistance to clients on questions of an accounting nature and client servicing nature;
- Organize audit process and assist in Aurion Real Estate LP reporting;
- Coordinate and work with Aurion Operations and with external asset managers to finalize Real Estate LP asset valuations and Net Asset Value calculations and recording for each investment;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Financial Statements for Aurion Real Estate LP;
- Responsible for all aspects of Aurion’s Real Estate LP audit;
- Work with Aurion performance measurement personnel to monitor performance of Aurion segregated accounts and Real Estate LP against benchmarks;
Skills and Experience:
- 4-5 years related work experience in real estate fund accounting;
- B Commerce or equivalent with an emphasis in accounting;
- Accounting designation is an asset and in the event of its absence pursuit of a designation will be required;
- Experience in preparing limited partnership/pooled real estate fund financial statements, Net Asset Value Statements and consolidation of Financial Reports from Asset & Property Managers;
- Knowledge and familiarity with both ASPE (for pension plans) and IFRS accounting standards and application is strongly preferred;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Access with ability and/or willingness to learn to create models to streamline the work flow;
- Self-starter, capable of working in a fast paced environment;
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation; and
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment;
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.