A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at DundeeWealth
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
Combine business acumen, communication skills, leadership skills and technical aptitude with the ability to plan, coordinate and execute.
- Provide technical assistance to development and production application teams;
- Provide on-call support for critical applications;
- Evaluate, Implement and maintain new projects and solutions;
- Investigate and trouble shoot technical problems; and
- Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field;
- 5+ years of working experience with Solaris 10 and/or 11 and/or Linux Redhat strongly preferred;
- Strong working experience with NFS, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, NIS, DHCP;
- Strong knowledge of shell scripting and development code troubleshooting skills;
- Working knowledge of Java, Tomcat, XML, apache, IBM Websphere and MQ;
- Strong working knowledge of middleware software (including but not limited to);
- Demonstrated understanding of system security best practices;
- Deploy and administer high availability and contingency solutions (On -site failover, clustering and replication to off-site systems);
- Strong knowledge of SAN Storage support for the Unix and Linux data management;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong mentoring, coaching and team-building skills;
- Superior leadership and customer relationship skills;
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills to motivate people to excel at their project tasks; and
- Strong critical thinking skills, including systems, business analysis, risk analysis, conflict resolution, as well as sound judgment/decision-making ability.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.