Reporting to the Manager, Lottery Operations, the Lottery Operations Specialist is responsible for consulting and advising internal and key external stakeholders through the development, execution and evaluation of new lottery equipment, revenue generating signage, operational procedures and major cross-functional lottery initiatives that impact Lottery retailers and the player experience.The role acts as the project management lead for key Lottery Operations initiatives.
As a Lottery Operations subject matter expert, this position provides specialized advice which is vital to overcoming highly complex issues. The Lottery Operations Specialist actively collaborates with many internal BCLC departments and leverages these relationships to ensure operational excellence while maximizing cost efficiencies.
- Leads, manages and implements critical new initiatives/projects that cross many functions within the Lottery Gaming Division and/or other support departments or business units.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and central point of contact for small to large size projects which impact the Lottery Division.Identifies, recommends and/or implements actions for cost and timeline efficiencies in projects and supports issues resolution.
- Responsible for identifying new services/products and overseeing allocated budget for equipment/signage, while ensuring adherence to field standards.
- Proactively develops and maintains moderate to high visibility/profile relationships with internal contacts, as well as key external stakeholders including suppliers, and government bodies. Leverages negotiation skills to ensure mutually desired outcomes are achieved and strategic partnerships are formed.
- Provides informal functional leadership by leading and managing employees as a technical subject matter expert of a medium project team.
- Acts as the Lottery Operations issues management lead.Liaises with key stakeholders to identify issue scope, leads communication and drives issue to resolution.
- Makes recommendations to departmental business plans and strategies which have medium to high risk planning implications with potentially organization-wide impact.
- Leads the business continuity efforts for the Lottery Gaming Division, identifying and evaluating potential risks and developing a plan to ensure key business functions will be available during a disruption.
- Responsible for developing and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Jointly sets personal development plan with manager, identifies competency gaps and development needs of self and others, and contributes to goal development and evaluation of performance for team members.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a diploma or degree in a business, commerce or operations discipline.
- Four to six years related experience in operations management.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Solid knowledge of retail equipment (e.g. point of sale systems and visual displays)
- Solid knowledge of retail technological trends (e.g. Near Field Communications, Digital Signage) is an asset
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex implementation strategies
- Exceptional problem solving, issues management and analytical thinking
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and time management
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience using SAP and SalesForce.com an asset
- Project management experience an asset
- Strong MS Excel skills an asset
- Solid comprehension of Gaming criteria under the Criminal Code of Canada is an asset
- Understanding of lottery gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions is an asset.
Please Note: This role will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.026Senior Specialist, Lottery Operations.