Reporting to the Manager, Lottery Investigations, the Lottery Investigator role conducts specialized investigations to ensure the all regulatory and policy requirements are met by the Lottery Retailer.This role conducts follow-up investigations from consumers, implementing effective risk/control, management processes that protect core business principles.
This position leads reviews of all Lottery Retailers on a regular basis, promoting a high visibility and awareness of Lottery Security in the marketplace and maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal contacts and departments and responding to requests from the Gaming Policy Enforcement Branch.
- Conducts reviews of Lottery Retailers to ensure that the level of compliance and service standards are being met.Will regularly interpret and apply policies and procedures to ensure that the Criminal Code, Provincial Statues (pertaining to gaming) and rules and regulations are being followed.
- Responsible for reviewing, validating and if required, investigating, prize claims to ensure all lottery prizes are paid to the correct recipient, while maintaining a positive player experience.
- Conducts investigation of consumer complaints with regard to Lottery Retailers, and responds to direct requests from consumers regarding the process of production to validation of on-line tickets.
- Maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal contacts, in addition to various external stakeholders including the player, vendors/suppliers, service providers/retailers and regulatory and government bodies in order to ensure investigations and complaints are responded to appropriately, the correct authorities are notified and follow up is complete.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through:
- Degree or diploma in Business or Criminology.
- 3 to 5 years recent experience in field investigations, security management or regulatory compliance and customer/client interaction.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of the Criminal Justice System including relevant statutes as well as working knowledge of all Provincial Statutes pertaining to Lotteries and Gaming.
- Ability to conduct telephone and in-person interviews, and take written statements.
- Ability to gather and secure evidence relating to security and criminal investigations.
- Ability to conduct audits and analyze financial statements.
- Technical knowledge of gaming hardware would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Extensive ability to work in an on-line environment, MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code and Provincial Statutes as it relates to theft, fraud, money-laundering, and other gaming related offences an asset.
- Ability to liaise with and assist Regulatory Authorities with investigations and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and multitasking skills are essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to analytically problem solve without direct supervision.
- Valid British Columbia driver’s license
- Ability to travel and work shifts, weekends and holidays (when required).
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.031 Lottery Investigator.