Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing upwards of 40 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients. AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
Reporting to the Team Lead - QA Verifiers, the Quality Assurance Verifier shall ensure adherence to all policies and procedures as specified in the Quality Manual. The Quality Assurance Verifier shall identify, document and track quality audits as well as identify, document and review non-conformances with the Operations and QMS team. The QA Verifier will also be the Competency Assessment Program (CAP) and Operator Qualification Program (OQ) Evaluator in the Ottawa region. This individual will be responsible to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures as specified by the Customer(s). The CAP/OQ Evaluator shall coordinate, perform, and report on periodic and systematic evaluations (theory and hands on) to ensure that personnel have the appropriate knowledge and skills to perform tasks associated with oil and gas pipeline construction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Confirms work quality, compliance, and work performance adherence to established standards and codes by conducting field observations and follow-up field audits of Aecon Utilities Crews
- Confirms work quality and compliance to company specification codes and regulations assuring the integrity of new plant
- Develop, revise and maintain Quality Assurance checklist(s) as assigned by the Team Lead – QA Verifiers and the QMS Supervisor
- Schedule all CAP and OQ training and evaluations in coordination with Quality Manager
- Perform training and technical evaluations (theory and practical) on gas distribution systems on a regular basis to Aecon Utilities personnel
- Prepare and distribute reports with results of evaluations as directed
- Participate in the development of CAP and OQ modules
- Supports remedial training plans in case of unsuccessful evaluations
- Performs other Quality Assurance related activities as directed by the QMS Supervisor
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under AUE.