The Brand Manager, Sports will be responsible for the marketing and product development of the Sports Action brand. This will include writing marketing plans, launching new products, producing advertising campaigns, managing social media channels, and creating retail promotions and events focused on growing the revenue, profitability and awareness of Sports Action. The Brand Manager, Sports will collaborate with other Canadian lottery corporations on national projects and will be responsible for managing relationships with external partners, such as the Canucks, BC Lions and advertising agencies. This role acts as a subject expert in player experiences and utilizes innovation and creativity when promoting the BCLC entertainment experience to players, stakeholders and the public, as well as acting as an internal resource and liaison within the organization.
• Develops diverse, complex and specialized brand plans and programs to support the brand and participates in the development of overall marketing strategies for the product category.
• Develops and implements new products and/or product enhancements and marketing initiatives, as well as advertising, social media and promotional programs, while interpreting and applying corporate standards, policies and procedures in order to generate positive public support of BCLC product and services.
• Proactively and reactively provides marketing solutions to issues or identifies opportunities and enhancements by using innovative and analytical thinking while continually researching trends and best practices to developing marketing approaches.
• Provides input into strategic business plans and assists in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting within the department.
• Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal departments, in addition to various suppliers, media, community, regulatory and government bodies, to ensure successful execution of marketing plans for lottery brands and initiatives.
• Seeks opportunities to continuously develop through ongoing training and provides significant knowledge transfer to other members of the team and cross functionally
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
• A degree or diploma in marketing or related discipline
• 3 to 5 years current, related experience within a marketing or advertising agency environment
• Extensive knowledge of major league sports and current events preferred
• Excellent understanding of quantitative analysis and ability to make recommendations based on analysis
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered Technical Requirements
• Sound knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of brand management or product management
• Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans
• Knowledge in managing and monitoring social media channels
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and with close attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
• Strong computer skills (Word, Adobe, web-based programs)
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
• Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.060 Brand Manager, Sports.