Aecon Utilities is Ontario's premier utility contractor, averaging more than 1000 skilled trades people, project managers and clerical staff. Our respected personnel are well equipped with more than 1500 major pieces of equipment, including one of the largest directional drilling fleets in Ontario.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the FOS Operator is responsible for maintaining the computer based Field Operating System (FOS) and all office related and paper flow functions between construction site, district yard and the Corporate Office.This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercising judgment and initiative and involves multi-tasking.This position works as a liaison between offices and field workers and must possess knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the timely management of the life cycle of each work order through the use of FOS (i.e. request utility locates, customer inquiries, crew scheduling, productivity, pay item billing, final restoration).
- Performs clerical duties ensuring all documentation regarding timesheets, equipment usage and personnel related information is transferred to the Corporate Office accurately and on time.
- Takes responsibility for compiling and organizing FOS reports.
- Reports any field utility / property damages.
- Coordinates locates with multiple Utility companies to ensure all underground utilities are marked before construction begins.
- Maintains and organizes all related filing systems.
- Learns, interprets and applies organizational policies, rules and regulations.
- Creates custom Excel reports for various clients using information from FOS
- Assists customers when required with clerical or other duties.
- Orders and ensures an adequate supply of office supplies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Experience working in the construction industry.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good computer skills using Word and Excel.
- Knowledgeable on modern office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems.
- Self motivated with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with others as a member of a team.
- Ability to stay productive under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work flexible and/or long hours when required to meet season demands.