Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing upwards of 40 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients.AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
Reporting to the Manager, Pipeline Projects, the Engineering CAD Design Technician will be responsible for all facets of design drafting for our existing and perspective Utility clients.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in oil and gas engineering projects
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, particularly AutoCAD, Microstation and MS Office
- Sound knowledge and experience with CAD applications and practices
- Valid class Alberta driver’s license and own transportation
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- CET certified or CET eligible
- Self motivated, ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment
- Knowledge of Cadworx or other 3D piping design software is an asset
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under AUE.