The objective of the Senior Internal Auditor role is to conduct operational, compliance and real-time audits which can be large and technically complex and focused on high risk areas.This position assesses the adequacy of internal controls, the overall effectiveness of operations and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.Promotes risk and control management enterprise-wide, identifying opportunities and making recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiencies. The Senior Internal Auditor provides expertise, advice and opinions to internal customers, including senior management on the proposed design of internal controls, and/or areas for improvement.
The focus of this role is to:
- Manage BCLC’s cross-functional key corporate projects from an audit governance and compliance perspective. This individual will also provide input and guidance on project risk mitigation.
- Assist in the performance of IT Audit activities by completing independent/objective evaluations of IT risks and processes, and recommending improvements to associated IT controls and processes.
- Monitors multiple cross functional projects, including liaising with project managers and staff to ensure key risk areas and on-going issues have been identified. This includes interviewing key members of the project team, attending project meetings to keep abreast of project revisions/deviations.
- Utilizes audit frameworks and tools to provide project status updates and related deliverables to Audit Manager.
- Performs the preliminary assessment of operations, functions or activities and gathers information on key business risks; evaluates the adequacy of the controls designed to manage those risks; identifies opportunities for improvement and develops recommendations for management.
- Performs audit processes/documentation in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Standards.
- Provides critical analysis and assesses effectiveness of business management processes and programs, operational and technical issues.
- Provides expertise, advice and opinions to internal customers, including senior management regarding compliance with legislation, regulations, policies, standards or guidelines, and/or areas for improvement.
- Provides input into the department’s annual operational audit plan which supports delivery of effective audit management services for the organization.
- Performs ongoing analysis and research in seeking innovative ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes and making respected, influential recommendations of new ideas.
- Champions key strategic initiatives and enterprise-wide objectives, builds and facilitates strong relationships with all levels of the organization, including cross functionally and cross divisionally.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A University Degree in Computing, Business or related discipline
- CISA or CIA Designation or actively pursuing.
- PMP, PRINCE2 certification would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years recent progressive IT, project management or auditing experience.
- Information Security experience such as CISSP, Information Technology such as ITIL or risk management experience would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the gaming entertainment environment and Information Technology controls is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Superior analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, regulations, and related methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a team focused environment with peers, internal and external stakeholders and all levels of management
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to act as a change agent to champion continuous improvement
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured framework with clearly defined deliverables
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver recommendations and presentations
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.082 Senior Internal Auditor.