Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Qx locates is Aecon Infrastructure’s utility locate business currently established in the province of Ontario. Under Qx Locates, Aecon has developed a full-service locate division which locates underground utilities as a pre-construction damage prevention measure, and as a cable locate and restoration response to emergency damage to client networks. Locating all underground utilities, it is an approved locate contractor for major gas and electric utility companies.
UTILITY LOCATING TECHNICIAN
New opportunities exist in Toronto, ON as a Utility Locating Technician. Reporting to the Qx Locates Manager of Operations, the Utility Locating Technician will be responsible for performing utility locates for gas, telephone, and hydro.
- Locate underground utilities accurately using utility mapping systems and electronic locating equipment
- Understand and respond to work requests delegated by Qx Supervisor
- Understand and manipulate utility records
- Ability to effectively document utility locates and follow appropriate documentation procedure
- Ability to work on-call shifts for 24 hour emergency response
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous private utility locating experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work to timelines
- Please note that this position is unionized, therefore it will be a requirement to join the union upon acceptance
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs”: http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs.
You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under QX Locates.