Working under the general direction of the Manager Decision Support, this role supports initiatives as set forth by the various business units by researching and analyzing the initiatives, including detailed comprehensive analysis, business market opportunities, defining finance requirements for all business initiatives, operationalization of business initiatives, trouble shooting, resolution of accounting issues, training and making recommendations that support the strategic goals of the business units and the corporation. This role will provide ongoing analysis of the financial performance for all business units and support groups, including analyzing trends in revenue, prizes, compensation, operating costs, viability and profitability.
- Supports the business units on proposed initiatives by providing financial analysis, feasibility studies, and option identification for business opportunities identified. Ensure proposed initiatives and analyses are in line with corporate objectives and priorities as well as ensuring strong financial governance.
- Develops finance requirements for all organizational prioritized business initiatives. Monitors and manages progress of finance requirements ensuring development of the finance requirements are operationally sound, efficient and effective. Coordinates QA of finance requirements and follows through to finance operationalization of the completed initiatives.
- Pro-actively provides financial analysis and analytical support to facilitate stronger business decisions based on sound documented evidence. Financial analysis and analytical support would include research and analysis, assessing market opportunities, identification of options, trouble shooting and documentation and resolution of accounting issues.
- Proactively responds to financial information requests and concerns, interprets and develops policy, and assists in the development of solutions to common business challenges while conscious of maintaining a strong finance governance framework.
- Reviews, analyzes and assesses individual Service Provider financial performance and financial position on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-actively fosters and facilitates working relationships between all finance areas and the business units.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- University degree in a related discipline.
- Professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
- 3 to 5 years related progressively responsible accounting and finance experience
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Excellent analytical ability, a strong understanding of analytical concepts and well developed creative problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles with the ability to apply them in a practical way
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Good understanding of statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to present moderately complex information orally and written in an easily understood manner
- Exceptional professional judgment with experience in exercising it effectively in the decision making process
- Ability to work within established deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as being part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of corporate financial systems
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and multi-taskingskills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse would be an asset
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry and/or gaming operational systems an asset
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.088 Financial Analyst.