Civil Transportation Engineer - 582-I
||Indianapolis, IN, 46278
||2 - 5 years
Hanson Professional Service Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a Senior Civil Transportation engineer position in our Indianapolis, IN office, within the Infrastructure Market Unit.
General Assignments: The position requires the ability to serve in a key capacity as the project manager on design and related projects. This person is expected to take a leading role in the advancement of Hanson's transportation engineering endeavors and serve as a technical and project management leader for transportation engineering projects undertaken by the office. Primary responsibilities will include:
• assisting in the procurement of design and related contracts
• directing the daily activity of Indianapolis transportation staff
• preparing and assembling plans and contract documents
• mentoring staff engineers and technicians
• preparing articles for professional journals and serving technical committees/ organizations
• giving presentations on technical topics at industry and in-house events
• effectively managing all aspects of design projects (staffing, budget, schedule, technical performance, and client relationship)
• evaluation of the performance of transportation staff
• collaborating with senior technical staff within the Infrastructure and other markets
Qualifications: The position requires a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and a minimum of 10 years of experience with INDOT and local transportation and related projects. The candidate must be licensed as a P.E. in Indiana and have experience with complex projects that have required significant interaction with clients, consultants, and the general public. The candidate must have skills in both Microstation and Geopak software and be willing to travel when needed. Candidate must have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills. Applicant must be willing to work reasonable overtime to meet project demands.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and the handicapped.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER