The Manager HR Shared Services is responsible for developing and managing BCLC’s shared services delivery model and will oversee all HR administrative and transactions functionality including; employee inquiry response, employee event processing, payroll management, administrative support, operation of HR technology systems and generation of HR metrics and reporting.The role will work closely with the HR Leadership team, HR Centers of Expertise and HR Business Partners to enhance manager and employee self-service abilities as well as to deliver upon organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the successful application and implementation of the processes, frameworks and tools to resolve employee inquiries and issues (manager and employee self-service, phone calls, emails, in-person visits) related to transactional benefits, employee events, employee data, payroll & time entry and other employee inquiries; ensuring that tasks and inquiries are handled in a timely manner and high-quality customer service is delivered.
- Manage the payroll function to ensure accurate and timely disbursement of payroll in compliance with federal and provincial regulations and BCLC’s total rewards program.
- Operate and maintain all HR technology systems and tools (e.g. HRIS, LMS, Performance Management, and Recognition); which includes collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors to ensure optimal system performance and compliance to regulatory and business requirements.
- Manage the divisional administrative functions by providing support to the Centers of Expertise, including the compliance of HR records management to internal and external regulations.
- Manage the ongoing generation of internal and external reporting to ensuring that reporting and metrics are created in a timely fashion and reflect business and regulatory requirements. Collaborate with program owners to administer HR responsibilities related to Employee Engagement, Top Employer Award, OH&S, Corporate Social Responsibility and Ad Hoc reporting.
- Coordinate and respond to internal and external audits impacting the division from initiation to completion by engaging the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain a centralized HR knowledgebase that results in the consistent application and interpretation of HR policies and processes when responding to client inquiries.
- Create and provide business intelligence through analytics and reporting, facilitating through the gathering of employee and management feedback, inquiries and transactions. Work with HR program owners/Centres of Excellence to recommend and implement remediation and intervention at appropriate levels to influence change, mitigate risk and optimize the HR services and programs provided.
- Use effective leadership, change management and process improvement experience to drive processes and technologies that result in productivity gains, cost savings, and improved workflow and quality.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in functional areas of HR
- Experience establishing and/or managing a shared services model
- Demonstrated experience overseeing HR information systems (preferably SAP HCM)
- HR transformation or organizational change experience
- Business process design / redesign experience (e.g. Six Sigma)
- Strong communication skills at all organizational levels
- Superior client service skills, strong interpersonal skills, close attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals
- Ability to make suggestions to enhance technology
- Ability to implement change while focused on risk impact.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.072 Manager, HR Shared Services.