Research Associate, Mining
Dundee Capital Markets, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dundee Corporation (TSX: DC.A), is a full-service Canadian investment dealer with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and London UK whose principal businesses include investment banking, institutional sales and trading, research, private client financial advisory and management of investment products. Dundee Capital Markets also has business in fixed income, foreign exchange, principal and other trading activities.
Our capital markets group focuses primarily on Mining, Energy, Real Estate and Industrials and Infrastructure aims to provide innovative research, trading strategies and opportunities for our institutional and retail clients. The capital markets group focuses on new ideas and the analysis of companies within these sectors to provide innovative research, trading strategies and opportunities for its institutional and retail clients.
You will have the opportunity to…
- Contribute to the research teams efforts;
- Contribute in-depth, comprehensive and timely research reports and recommendations ;
- Contribute to investment recommendations on a variety of companies using reasonable care to maintain independence and objectivity;
- Support activities for the equity research analyst;
- Aid in developing and updating detailed financial models;
- Maintain and develop industry databases;
- Assist in the generation of research publications, morning comments and presentations;
- Assist in planning of conferences being hosted by the analyst;
- Participate in marketing efforts with the Sales & Trading desk;
- Attend morning meetings and contributes trading ideas;
- Provide information on companies covered to Investment Banking in a manner that is fully compliant with securities regulation and company compliance policy;
- Comply with guidelines with respect to professional conduct (e.g. AIMR standards of practice);
- Answer client inquiries and,
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in a financial or business-oriented discipline (i.e.: BComm or MBA). Candidates having university degree in a technical discipline (ie: engineering) are also encouraged to apply;
- A CFA designation is highly desired;
- 2 years Capital Markets experience advantageous;
- Mining Industry knowledge or exposure is an asset;
- Superior quantitative skills (financial and data analysis); Ability to analyze companies for investment opportunities;
- Strong finance or accounting background; Ability to model companies under coverage is required in addition to excellent Excel modeling skills (financial modeling including cash flow and Net Asset Value;
- Ability to work closely with Analysts – understanding covered companies, communicating with institutional clients, learning about investment opportunities;
- Experienced with valuation work through comparable company analysis. Must be comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative data analysis and industry research particularly as it relates to the mining and fertilizer industry.
- Excellent analytical, attention to detail, presentation, writing and communication skills; (verbal and written);
- A self starter, highly motivated, accountable;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Must be able to work independently and sometimes under strict time constraints while being part of a demanding and dynamic team and,
- Flexibility with respect to hours and tasks (nights and weekends).
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to:
- Be rewarded with our competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a competitive base salary and 100 percent employer paid benefits.