ASSISTANT TO CORPORATE SECRETARY
Dundee Corporation is an independent publicly traded Canadian asset management company. The Corporation’s asset management activities are focused in the areas of the Corporation’s core competencies and include real estate and infrastructure as well as energy, resources and agriculture.
You will have the opportunity to…
Work with the Corporate Secretary to provide efficient, well-organized support to management and the various board and board committees, this includes the scheduling, organization and preparation for board and board committee meetings and shareholder meetings
- Coordinate and deliver board and committee materials in a timely manner;
- Manage the organization and maintenance of key company policies and mandates;
- Assist with preparation and updates of corporate meeting schedules and responsible for dissemination;
- Upkeep of minute books as it relates to board and committee meeting notices and signed minutes;
- Assist with the dissemination of news releases, preparation and filing of early warning reports, issuer and insider reporting with respect to SEDI and assist in the preparation and filing of continuous disclosure documentation;
- Responsible for the timely filing of insider reports on SEDI on behalf of directors and officers of the Corporation;
- Organize and maintain document retention system including electronic and off-site records management;
- Organize and maintain departmental resource and reference materials;
- Timely processing of documents received for execution;
- Maintain investor relations mailing and distribution lists;
- Track director fees;
- Printing and mailing of Interim Financial Statements;
- Compilation of information and dissemination of monthly compliance disclosure to a regulated subsidiary entity;
- Track, file and coordinate Dundee Corporation’s proxy voting;
- Prepare TSX forms as required (PIF, Declarations etc.);
- Extra-provincial filings for the Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Provide support for special projects and transactions and;
- Perform other office administration tasks as required.
Education and Certifications:
- Post-Secondary School Diploma, Certificate and/or Degree; specialization in the legal profession is preferred.
- Completion of the CSC course is preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three to five years work experience with a public company and/or law firm; preference will be given to candidates with experience in a corporate secretarial compliance function;
- High regard for accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality;
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, demonstrates accountability, integrity and transparency in actions at all times;
- Knowledge/familiarity with corporate and securities legislation, legal terminology, forms, documents and minute books related to public company procedures and practices;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of staff and management;
- Ability to promote and facilitate open communication and ensure an effective flow of information between yourself and the corporate secretary, board and committee members, management, other departments and outside advisors;
- Strong organizational skills are essential with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- SEDAR and SEDI experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel);
- Experience working with corporate and legal database programs (i.e. Secretariat) is preferred;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to balance priorities effectively;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under the added pressure of tight deadlines and last minute changes;
- Ability to respond quickly to unexpected situations requiring good judgment and prompt action;
- Flexibility with hours when critical deadlines must be met.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to:
- Be rewarded with our competitive compensation package which includes, but is not limited to, a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, 100 percent employer paid benefits coverage, and a generous employer-matched RSP and employee share purchase plan.