Aecon Infrastructure brings together state-of-the-art technology, the most recent advances in process, and an experienced team dedicated to the work we perform, ranging from road building to institutional and commercial construction. Built on innovation, we constantly challenge ourselves to meet the demands of existing markets, and anticipate how to serve emerging ones.
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Aecon Buildings-Atlantic offers the Canadian Maritime region a full range of best-in-class construction management and design-build services, from preconstruction through to commissioning and turn-over. In particular, Aecon has fostered a strong network of East Coast clients in the education and healthcare sectors, and has established itself as a contractor-of-choice in LEED-certified green building projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator in responsible for providing overall coordination and administrative support to the Project Team.
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and public
- Implement and Enforce Aecon's Corporate Health & Safety Program
- Adhere to Aecon's Site Policy & Procedures Manual and Environmental Polices
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance with Aecon union obligations
- Utilize Aecon or the Client’s project management system (eg. Prolog) to complete all project administration
- Update project schedules as directed by project manager and superintendent
- Log, review and process all shop drawings
- Log, process and issue all site instructions and change notices
- Issue contracts and purchase orders as directed by the project manager
- Assist project manager in providing monthly PSR (Performance Status Reports) regarding cost forecast, schedule and cash flows
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely
- Assist project manager in monthly progress application process
- Primary responsibility is in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, warranty work and coordinating the return of “as built” drawings from sub-trades
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities
- Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors
- Present design discrepancies to design consultants for resolution, prepare documentation, field design change requests, etc., as required
- Maintain lines and levels - verify as built conditions
- Prepare punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Coordinate and designate work to subcontractors
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals and presentations
- Liaise with building authorities and regulatory agencies
- Participate in tender closings
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to learn and gain LEED AP designation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Work, Project and Excel skills
- Ability to learn and use Aecon's project management system (Prolog), CGC accounting system and Aecon's scheduling software (Suretrak)
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Buildgins Atlantic.