A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Liaise with portfolio managers, traders as wells multiple brokers and custodians while setting up securities, coordinating private placements, processing corporate actions and proxies.
- Be responsible for various operational activities in support of the Investment Management team.
- Review data sources like Bloomberg, subscription agreements, term sheets, etc. to ensure accuracy of our data and supplement our records with data required by our portfolio managers, traders and our portfolio management systems;
- Perform daily security setup of equities, bonds and derivatives both domestic and international within established SLA timeframes;
- Assist or provide backup coverage in the coordination of private placement documentation, approval and settlement;
- Assist with corporate action processing and proxy voting notifications;
- Investigate discrepancies and process adjustments accordingly on portfolio management systems;
- Participate in the review of processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and mitigate risks (financial and reputational);
- Participate in the testing and implementation of operational enhancements;
- Ensure deadlines are met and appropriate escalations are in place;
- Adhere to department policies and procedures, ensuring compliance;
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree – BA, Comm;
- CSC certification or working towards;
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. especially Excel & Access);
- Knowledge of Charles River, MPower SSCNet, GTSS, Bloomberg and Omgeo products is an asset;
- 3-5 years relevant Securities Industry experience;
- Good knowledge of portfolio management, portfolio accounting and/or brokerage systems;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills(both oral and written);
- Highly self-motivated with strong time-management abilities to work in this time sensitive environment;
- Good analytical and problem resolution skills.
Dynamic Funds is an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.