Based out of our LEED Gold certified Vancouver office building, the Player Services Assistant role is responsible for providing excellent customer service by representing BCLC in a professional manner and providing timely service to our players. This position is responsible for awarding prizes to our players which includes verifying counter and daily mail-in prize claims, issuing and reconciling cheques, ensuring the integrity of the pay-out process and the integrity of BCLC is maintained in both written and verbal communications. In addition, the Player Services Assistant documents and resolves disputed prize claims, using judgment as to whether a legal document is appropriate (i.e. Legal release) and escalating claim(s) when required.
Player Services is also responsible for handling player claims presented at select remote Regional Prize Payout (RPP) locations.
Our Vancouver office has access to free parking, a subsidized gym and cafeteria and is just steps away from the Renfrew Skytrain station.
- Provide excellent customer service by representing BCLC in a professional manner, providing timely service to claimants, handling difficult customers and situations with tact and diplomacy through effective written and verbal communications.
- Ensure the accuracy of the pay-out process in accordance with department procedure including verifying counter and daily mail-in prize claims and issuing and reconciling cheques.
- Document and resolve disputed prize claims, using judgment as to whether a legal document is appropriate (i.e. Legal release) and escalating claim when required.
- Enhance big prize winner's positive experience by conducting interviews, taking photos and providing source material to internal customers for marketing promotion.
- Liaise with other departments as required in order to respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and keep up-to-date on all BCLC products.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma.
- Minimum three years customer service experience.
- Basic booking or accounting related courses or experience.
- A second language would be an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Excellent BCLC product knowledge.
- Able to adapt to changing workloads and priorities, must be flexible.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
- General business acumen.
- Photography skills would be an asset.
- Flexibility to work various hours on a Monday to Saturday schedule.
Please Note: This role will remain open untila qualified candidate pool has been established.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.115 Player Services Assistant.