We are over 75 000 Scotiabankers, members of a successful and dynamic global community, in over 50 countries. We work together with a shared vision of an exciting future. Each of us is a respected and valued member of a winning global team.''
Incorporating the key personal investment and advisory activities within the Scotiabank Group, Wealth Management provides a full range of products and services that encompass retail brokerage, investment management advice, mutual funds and savings products, and financial planning and private client services for affluent clients.
- Report to the Manager, Accounting.
- Be responsible for financial accounting for assigned legal entities with Global Wealth Management.
- Consolidation, reconciliation, preparation of financial statements, analysis and monitoring of internal and external reports.
- Apply the knowledge of advance accounting principles to continuously improve existing reporting processes.
- Request, track and review all supporting documents from a variety of internal departments, including Securities Operations, Accounts Payable and DW Retail Commissions;
- Perform variance analysis and reporting and in partnership with Accounts Payable, ensure proper accounting entries and accruals;
- Prepare month-end journal entries, related working papers and schedules;
- Assist with the preparations of financial statements;
- Directly support monthly and quarterly financial reporting reconsiliations;
- Assist with year-end audit working papers and liaison with external auditors;
- Preparation of various accounting schedules and analysis that form part of regular corporate reporting package, including preparation of schedules which form part of our external financial reporting;
- Budget preparation and analysis;
- Participate in year-end audit; and
- Assist with special projects and ongoing system improvements.
Skills and Experience:
- University graduate with a professional accounting qualification (CA, CMA, CGA or equivalent) strongly preferred;
- 3-5 years corporate accounting experience preferably for a financial institution (Mutual Funds or Securities industry);
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and perform duties with a sense of urgency;
- Sound knowledge of computer applications, prior exposure to Sun would be an asset;
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and reliability and proficiency in Excel are required;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to manage stress and work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, sound analytical skills;
- Ability to manage competing priorities; and
- Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as a team.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.