BCLC is currently in search of an Intermediate Accountant
to join the finance team at our head office in Kamloops, BC.
In the role of Intermediate Accountant you will deliver professional services and financial solutions to the organization.This role ensures that policies, programs, services and strategies are developed and implemented in an ongoing and consistent manner.The Intermediate Accountant will act as a consultative partner by providing expertise and analysis to internal and external stakeholders to BCLC to enable the business to deliver operational functions efficiently and effectively.
BCLC offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. As well, our office in Kamloops has a subsidized onsite cafeteria, free parking and an onsite gym.
The Intermediate Accountant in Accounts Receivable & Revenue Accounting will perform all or some of the following duties:
- Assists in the review of Technician work.
- Performs more complex calculations and reconciliations.
- Assists senior accountants in analysis and preparation of department specific reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- First-level review of work done by accounting technicians.
- Systems, process, and quality reviews; documentation; and some departmental reporting.
- Department-specific financial and systems analysis and trouble-shooting.
- Complex reconciliations and inter-system balancing.
- Revenue reporting.
- Document management.
- Training and orientation of new staff members (in conjunction with other subject matter experts and departmental management).
- General accounting and variance analysis.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of university degree in accounting or completion of at least the 3rd level of a recognized professional accounting designation.
- In active pursuit of a professional accounting designation (CMA or CGA).
- Minimum three to five years of progressively responsible accounting experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers.
- Strong knowledge of principles of accounting with the ability to apply them in a practical way.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present comprehensive information in an easily understood manner.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to assist, direct and provide ongoing review on the operational activities of accounting technicians.
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and capitalize on an imminent opportunity.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to self-motivate, work independently, as well as work in a team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of corporate financial systems (SAP, Connect).
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
Please Note: This role will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.124 Intermediate Accountant.