Based out of our LEED Gold certified Vancouver office building, the objective of the Investigator role is to provide specialized investigative services to an assigned portfolio within BCLC’s Casino and Community Gaming, ensuring confidentiality and assuring the implementation of effective risk/control management processes that protect core business principles and continually improve organizational efficiency.This position conducts highly diverse, complex and specialized investigative work involving gaming, related offences, player complaints and illegal or unauthorized gaming activities to maintain the continuous integrity and security of BCLCs Casino and Community Gaming.
Our Vancouver office has access to free parking, a subsidized gym and cafeteria and is just steps away from the Renfrew Skytrain station.
- Regularly interprets, applies and recommends standards, policies and procedures and ensures that the Criminal Code, Provincial Statues (pertaining to gaming), other regulatory reporting requirements and/or rules and regulations are followed to protect the integrity and security of gaming in British Columbia.
- Regularly reviews the assigned portfolio, promoting high visibility and awareness of Security and Surveillance in all Casinos and Community Gaming Centers within the Province.
- Maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal contacts and departments, in addition to various external stakeholders including the player/public, vendors/suppliers, service providers/retailers andregulatory and government bodies in order to ensure complaints are responded to appropriately, the correct authorities are notified and follow up is complete.
- Manages and direct investigations and staff both from within BCLC and all applicable service providers
- Responsible for conducting interviews and obtaining thorough written statements in accordance with legal standards
- Responsible for gathering, securing and analyzing evidence, and legal documentation relating to a criminal investigation and/or prosecution of person involved in gaming related crimes.
- Responsible for liaising with and assisting police and Crown Counsel, as required, in the investigation and prosecution of persons involved in gaming related crimes.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills for this position would typically be acquired through a degree or diploma in a criminology and 3 to 5 years recent experience in the field of police investigations, or security, surveillance or both and/or compliance in a gaming environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of the Criminal Code as it relates to theft, fraud, cheating at play, counterfeits and other casino related offenses
- Extensive knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime (money laundering) Act & Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Casino and CGC policy requirements would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of both the Security and Surveillance functions within the Casino and CGC environment would be an asset
- Extensive knowledge of the Criminal Justice system including relevant statutes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to give evidence in court
- Knowledge of building security systems is preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Valid driver’s license
- Job requires extensive travel and may include weekend and evening work and being on the road for periods of one or two weeks at a time.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.130 - Investigator, Casino Secruity & Surveillance.