Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
Business Unit Overview:
Innovative Steam Technologies (IST) is focused on finding a better way. IST delivers Power Generation and Enhanced Oil Recovery customers a better way to generate more from their operations by using its innovative Once Through Steam Generator design and related technologies. IST markets internationally and has installations throughout the world. IST’s manufacturing, engineering, service and sales head office is located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada with a satellite sales office located in The Hague, Netherlands. Associated companies are IST Boiler Components Inc. (located in Delta, BC). For more information please visit our website (www.otsg.com).
Reporting directly to the Field Operations Supervisor, the Junior Technical Advisor will play a key role in the execution of a Field Service project through the planning and coordination of schedules, manpower and materials to ensure WOW Service for our customers. Following the completion of Field Service work, the Junior Technical Advisor will reconcile all documentation for customer reports and financial details for invoicing. On occasion the Junior Technical Advisor may travel to customer sites to work directly with the customer and the field team.
- Plan scheduling and develop budgets for quoting Field Service projects to customers
- Order materials, plan activities, set milestones, and manpower requirements for successful execution of Service projects
- Communicate the project schedule and plan to the execution team through collaborative pre-deployment meetings
- Provide status report of project milestones and adjustment to schedules to Field Operations Supervisor
- Reconcile expenditures and financial considerations to submit for invoicing at the successful completion of project work.
- Coordination, preparation and delivery of project materials, documents, drawings and quality packages for project execution
- Review project materials and plans for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
- Coordinate activities relating to local contractors, scheduling and arranging Authorized Inspectors as required.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to processes and documents to improve WOW Service
- Interface with internal and external customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provide status and progress reports to internal and external customers, project team, and management
- Record and track change orders and scope changes for invoice considerations
- Active involvement in quality assurance with regards to understating and recommending improvements to policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES
- Provide estimates, service planning, scheduling and project detail coordination.
- Participation in pre and post deployment meetings with Field Service team to communicate scope, plan and details for successful execution
- Assisting/supporting all team members in providing WOW Service to all customers.
- Compile site details and write reports for customer presentation
- Reconcile all financial details for invoicing following project execution.
- Any other job functions assigned by the Filed Operations Supervisor.
Required Knowledge & Skills:Certified Engineering Technician , or related experience and training specific to project coordination Minimum 1-3 years experience in field service or related technical industry with proven financial, planning and interpersonal skillsAbility to create, review and maintain project plansStrong technical knowledge Excellent analytical and organizational skillsVery effective communicator, both written and spokenWorks well in a team environment encompassing both engineering and non engineering personnel. Positive, goal oriented, financially focused individualAbility to manage numerous tasks involved with service projects, and monitor progressMaintain confidentialityWorking ability with Microsoft Office softwareAbility to learn specialized technical and commercial software created to support boiler project management functionsAbility to travel internationally as required
Compensation & Benefits:
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.