Who We Are
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the Food and Beverage kitchen activities on scheduled shifts, and ensure the best in service and quality.
A Great Fit,if You
- Take initiative in resolving issues and can empower a team to excel
- Love building relationships, and encouraging open communication and collaboration
- Manage your time well while handling multiple tasks under pressure
- Enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Are hands-on, keen on the details and like to balance people interaction with daily paperwork
- Feel most energetic at night and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Supervises kitchen activities and staff, ensuring that they have sufficient resources available
- Develops, provides feedback and directs staff to achieve high levels of performance and customer service
- Ensures consistent and high quality food preparation and presentation
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained, appropriate stock levels are maintained, refrigerators and storerooms are organized, and that all food products are correctly stored.
- Works with the casino management team and participates in casino initiatives
- Retains a thorough and updated knowledge of policies and procedures, regulations, products and services
What You Will Require
- 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Diploma or degree in culinary arts or restaurant management is an asset
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Provincial certifications for alcohol service and food preparation
- Working knowledge with spreadsheets, word processing , email, point of sale and inventory control applications
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds required
What Is Next
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers