A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
Utilize strong accounting knowledge to analyze financial data and provide advice and recommendations to management and assist in the key decision-making process
Compile statistical information and perform research on securities held by the funds and provide input in determining the quality and reliability of security prices.
- Research, analyze and resolve any valuation exceptions according to the established valuation policy and procedures;
- Review the Corporate Actions to ensure they are processed correctly and that all necessary backup are collected for audit purposes;
- Review tolerance reports to ensure accurate pricing of the fund NAV’s;
- Provide back-up and support for the Manager, Valuations role in his/her absence;
- Assists with the preparation of Valuation Committee documentation;
- Complete statistical reporting related to security valuation, including other ad hoc reporting requirements;
- Assists in the fair valuation decision-making process by compiling the required research and contributing to the dialogue;
- Review information circulars to ascertain the appropriate tax allocation;
- Assists with audits and other projects or tasks as assigned;
- Complete analysis and reporting as required by management;
- Help identify areas of control weakness and make recommendations for process improvements;
- Keep abreast of industry developments including regulations and processes;
- Assists with the planning and implementation of new products and projects;
- Participate in the planning, development and testing of new programs and processes prior to implementation; and
- Works independently on assigned projects while keeping the Manager informed.
- Responsible for performing various daily checks to verify and validate all daily mutual fund activity used to calculate the net asset value.
- Provide support to other various departments within Global Wealth Management.
Skills and Experience:
University degree; working towards a professional designation preferred (CFA or CMA); At least 2 to 3 years valuations experience in the mutual fund and/or investment industry; Canadian Securities Course; Proficient knowledge of Bloomberg and Thompson Reuters terminals; Knowledge of accounting and fund industry regulatory requirements preferred; Comprehensive understanding of various asset types: Foreign and domestic equity, fixed income instruments, swaps, futures, options Understanding of Tax implications relating to the Financial Services and Trust environments preferred; Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with ability to excel in a fast-paced environment Excellent knowledge of Excel & Access; and Knowledge of VB and VBA preferred.
Dynamic Funds is an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at the Scotiabank Group.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.