Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a self starter and extremely organized professional with a keen eye to detail and accuracy, who will use their good judgment and analytical and skills effectively to solve problems with tact and discretion, manage multiple demands and
meet strict reporting deadlines.
The Payroll Administrator ensures that all aspects of the payroll cycleare processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Company, union and government policies, terms and regulations.
With your teamwork abilities and technical knowledge, you will contribute to the Gateway’s ongoing success!
- Processes union and non-union hourly payroll including deciding the course of action and processing documents of new hires, terminations, rate changes, garnishments, and other data relating to employee records and payroll.
- Sets up and maintains employee information in payroll software and attendance system.
- Audits payroll in related software to guarantee data entry accuracy and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
- Processes employees’ termination documents in an appropriate manner, generating ROEs to meet legislative timelines, calculates final pay and cancels benefits when required.
- Processes and ensures that payroll accounts are reconciled and accurate remittances are processed to the appropriate external agencies.
- Provides subject matter guidance and serves as the point of contact for payroll and benefits inquiries from management, and various external agencies, responding in a timely and effective manner.
- Performs year-end payroll reconciliations (including T4, T4A).
- Liaises with various departments with regard to effective use of payroll and benefits processes, policies and systems in order to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
What You Will Require:
- Successful completion of Canadian Payroll Association PCP certification preferred
- Minimum 2years’ payroll administration experience, or equivalent in education and experience will be considered
- Experience with union hourly payroll desirable
- Experience working with time and attendance systems desirable
- Strong working knowledge of payroll theories, practices, legislation, resources and the Employment Standards Act
- Strong knowledge and ability to interpret union contracts
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, data based software, email and web browsers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to take initiative andwork independently
- Proven ability to carry-out payroll procedures while exercising good judgment, analysis and decision-making
- Strong ability to define and solve problems; collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
What Is Next:
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.