Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
Our friendly atmosphere, attentive and committed service starts with you! Delight our guests and be part of our respected security team.
As a floor security officer, you will ensure that our staff, property, company assets and our valued guests are secure and protected at all times by interacting with customers and staff and writing accurate reports.
A Great Fit,if You:
- Have a professional and welcoming smile for everyone you meet
- Are self- motivated and can take initiative in resolving issues
- Can assess situations carefully and are sensitive in dealing with people
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Are confident with your judgment, can clearly convey your findings in writing
- Are a night owl, and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Maintains a presence – patrols gaming and guest activity; conducts door duty and crowd control
- Escorts employees during cash and equipment transfers, and guests to vehicles
- Demonstrates emergency procedures and protocols; provides First Aid to guests and employees
What You Will Require:
- Previous Security experience and training a strong asset
- Completion of Gaming Security Officer (GSO) training/exam within 90 days of start (BC)
- ProServe, ProTect, and Deal Us Security Staff Training Program available (In Alberta)
- Completion of Serving It Right prior to start date (In BC)
- Minimum Occupational First Aid Level 2
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs and use/learn techniques to preserve a safe environment
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, kneel, run, bend and jump
What Is Next:If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers