Based out of the BCLC head office in Kamloops, BC, the Intermediate Accountant delivers professional services and financial solutions to the organization. This role ensures that policies, programs, services and strategies are developed and implemented in an ongoing and consistent manner.
The Intermediate Accountant will act as a consultative partner by providing expertise and analysis to internal and external stakeholders to BCLC to enable the business to deliver operational functions efficiently and effectively. Individuals in this position may also be responsible for some financial systems work including systems maintenance, financial reporting/training, and testing and implementation of changes
Our Kamloops office has a subsidized onsite cafeteria, free parking and an onsite gym.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- First-level review of work done by accounting technicians;
- Systems, process, and quality reviews; documentation; and some departmental reporting;
- Department-specific financial and systems analysis and trouble-shooting;
- Complex reconciliations and inter-system balancing;
- Revenue reporting;
- Document management;
- Training and orientation of new staff members (in conjunction with other subject matter experts and departmental management);
- General accounting and variance analysis.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees and peers;
- Strong knowledge of principles of accounting with the ability to apply them in a practical way;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present comprehensive information in an easily understood manner ensuring other’ main points are considered and eliciting comments or feedback on information provided and check own understanding of others’ communication;
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work within established deadlines and time constraints;
- Ability to assist, direct and provide ongoing review on the operational activities of accounting technicians;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and capitalize on an imminent opportunity;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to be self-motivated, work independently, as well as being part of a team;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Working knowledge of corporate financial systems (SAP, Connect);
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
- Strong attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2013.154 Intermediate Accountant.