Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the HR Systems Analyst will be responsible for a variety of functions in the areas of data analysis of HR metrics and reports, integration of HR systems and process efficiencies, as well as, streamlining and improvement opportunities. The HR Systems Analyst may also support the HR team in compensation analytics and administration, recruitment, performance management, employee relations and HR administration.
- Take a lead role in the integration, testing and implementation of HR systems
- Perform HRIS system clean up and ensure the data integrity of all information
- Advise and help create standardization on core Aecon HR Systems
- May help to create and report metrics and data analysis of recruitment activities, turnover, absenteeism etc.
- Generate ad hoc reports for strategic HR discussions and overall reporting
- Provide day-to-day support to HR team on, analytics and HRIS related functions such as data analysis and reporting
- Search for and recommend areas for continuous improvement for the AGI HR team
- Promote HR initiatives and work with business unit management team to achieve goals and objectives
- Participate in developing, recommending, and implementing HR policies, standards and procedures
- Build effective business relationships within each client group to understand their operational people needs and proactively develop, introduce, and implement innovative solutions
- Provides analytical support to compensation programs for AGI, working closely with the Compensation and Benefits team
- May provide recruitment, performance management and employee relations support as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post secondary school education in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- CHRP Designation or working towards completion
- A minimum of 3 years of experience related to Human Resources Management Systems
- Strong technical skills advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products; SharePoint, advanced Excel required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with Ultipro and/or SAP is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Act with discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational structures and functions
- Ability to operate a computer and related software (65 percent of the time), as well as a telephone, fax, photocopier, calculator and printer
- Analytical thinking skills to systematically break down issues related to effectively managing HR issues and situations
To view the detailed job descriptions for this position, please visit our Careers Website under “View Jobs”: http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Human Resources.