Property/Location: Palace Casino
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
In a fast-paced environment, the Senior Accountant role calls for an experienced and organized professional with analytical skills who will effectively assist in planning, controlling, forecasting, reporting and measuring accounting data, financial information and assets of the organization. This position requires exercising sound judgment and solid customer service skills to follow through on requests for information and solutions.
- Provides analytical review of the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
- Reviews general entries and reconciliations. Prepares or assists in preparing bank reconciliations, bank journal entries, credit card transactions and bank deposits and implements/follows standard procedures for the same
- Processes and reconciles internal and external accounts.
- Assists in the preparation or prepares financial statements, and variance analysis from budget.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of year-end comparative financial statements and audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures.
- Monitors cash requirements daily and produces cash forecasts.
- Maintains manuals documenting accounting procedures and policies including; data base, and other financial processes.
- Maintains financial security by auditing and verifying documents; following internal controls; completing data backups.
- Oversees or assists in the development of working papers to facilitate the preparation, analysis and presentation of department budgets.
- Oversees, prepares and submits provincial (HST and NRT) tax returns within the required timeframes.
What You Will Require:
- 4 years of progressively responsible accounting experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- CMA or currently enrolled/completed 5th Level CGA
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial theories, practices, tax, and applicable legislation
- General knowledge of gaming regulatory policies (as applicable), procedures and filings required for finance department preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting software; computer skills including spreadsheets, database software, email, web browsers and experience with AccPac is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Is Next:If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers