Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
Aecon Industrial - Central Canada is a market leader in engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance for the heavy industrial sector, including nuclear and non-nuclear power, oil & gas, petrochemical, steel and automotive. With a focus on power generation, Aecon Industrial serves the nuclear, hydroelectric, fossil, biomass, and natural gas industries. Maintenance and capital improvement projects are also key component of our field construction services.
In addition to the turnkey construction of power generation facilities, Aecon Industrial is known for the pioneering of prefabricated piping services to better manage site labour and the integration of specialized coating systems into the fabrication process.
Piping, custom steel, and module fabrication is performed in our 120,000 square foot Cambridge, Ontario facility using state-of-the-art, automated equipment. A fully automatic welding machine, numerous semi-automatic machines, as well as an on-site post weld heat treatment furnace and heated blasting/coating facility, gives us the shortest spool fabrication times in the industry.
Under the general supervision of the Materials Supervisor; with Hands on supervision by the Materials Coordinator, the Materials Data Clerk is responsible for entering material receiving reports, investigating material discrepancies/issues and ongoing data validations on a daily basis.
- Clerical support for Fabrication/Shipping/Billings/Production
- Typing – general and work from pull down menus to match up with understanding of Packing Slip data
- Data input for APS DB – back up for Production data into DB from spool shop drawings/BOMs
- Data input for Fabtrol DB
- Ability to read and decipher shop/ISO drawings & BOMs
- Sorting and Filing – shop drawings, material shortages and shortage reports
- Very detail oriented with accuracy, organizational and efficiency skills which are essential for this position and the ability to double check own work and others
- Computer allocating shop floor drawings (including knowledge of substitution rules), allocation in sequence supplied by Materials Supervisor and review/update database for drawing revisions
- Spool drawing validations against material catalogue(s) – own or Client’s
- Shortage reports for clients and Account Managers daily and/or weekly
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Production Engineering requirements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:Minimum 1 year College (Business)Production Control Methods experience would be an assetIntermediate Computer knowledgeMicrosoft Office Products –1) Excel, 2) Access & 3) WordWorking knowledge of the Fabtrol data baseWorking knowledge of pipe and associated materialsWorking knowledge of structural steel materials
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.