Dynamic Funds is a fully integrated wealth management firm. It offers a comprehensive range of products and services, spanning every major sector, geographic region and investment discipline. Dynamic's products include open and closed-end investment funds, fee-based, tax-advantaged and customized high-net-worth programs. As one of Canada's leading, integrated wealth management companies, our commitment to fostering partnerships between investors and financial advisors has been unwavering.
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Partner with an award winning Growth Portfolio Manager for the gathering, consolidating and interpreting of information and data required for buy, hold and sell decisions.
- Research selected industries, companies and securities, preparing and submitting written and oral reports.
- Interview management of companies being analyzed.
- Keep current on significant political and economic trends impacting assigned industries, organizations and particular sectors.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance;
- Evaluate annual reports and other regulatory filings;
- Organize the information collected into an easily accessible format and write succinct research reports for use by the Portfolio Manager in stock selection;
- Collect industry, company and economic information from a variety of sources including the Web, institutional research, corporate reports, general and industry publications, management interviews, etc. in order to draft reports and make investment recommendations;
- Assist and provide input to the Portfolio Manager on overall portfolio construction of the funds;
- Continually updated and improve valuation spreadsheets;
- Read and summarize research reports for the purpose of making oral presentations and written reports;
- Monitor key reporting date e.g. economic, corporate earnings and corporate announcements, as well as listening to company and industry conference calls;
- Document and report on relevant news to the Portfolio Manager;
- Support the Portfolio Manager with Back-up Administration duties as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Finance degree or MBA;
- Enrollment in the CFA program strongly preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years related analytical experience required;
- Excellent mathematical abilities, interpretative and analytical skills – knowledge of accounting an asset;
- Experience and knowledge of investment systems (i.e. CPMS, Thomson One Equity, Bloomberg) a definite asset;
- Ability to analyze and interpret research and make investment recommendations;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- A creative, self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent organizational skills with a positive, results oriented attitude;
- Strong quantitative abilities, including knowledge of Excel and other financial software packages, as required.
Dynamic Funds is an affiliate of Scotiabank.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at Scotiabank.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.