Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
Innovative Steam Technologies (IST) is focused on finding a better way.IST delivers Power Generation and Enhanced Oil Recovery customers a better way to generate more from their operations by using its innovative Once Through Steam Generator design and related technologies.IST markets internationally and has installations throughout the world. IST’s manufacturing, engineering, service and sales head office is located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada with a satellite sales office located in The Hague, Netherlands.Associated companies are IST Boiler Components Inc. (located in Delta, BC) and Found Energy (also located in Cambridge, Ontario).For more information please visit our website (www.otsg.com).
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineering role is responsible for Design Engineering and Solid Modeling/Drawing Creation utilizing Autodesk Inventor/ETO.
Design functions include:
- Complete thermodynamic calculations for IST’s products.
- Produce technical specifications for auxiliary equipment.
- Design steam generator pressure components as per relevant codes.
- Design structural support components as per relevant codes.
- Provide input to and review CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamic), FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and acoustic reports
- Provide design information to the CADDS group for drawing preparation.Involved with vendor related issues including generating specifications and evaluating bids to ensure the equipment is properly integrated
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with the team leader in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with minimal errors
- Provide required technical input / decisions for the resolution of non-conformances, corrective action requests, failure analyses, etc. as required
- Technical support for operating/maintenance and installation manuals
- Technical support for OTSG during the installation, start-up and testing phases
- Participate in design reviews as required.
- Perform additional assignments/activities as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
Solid Modeling/Drawing Creation functions include:
- Responsible for solid modeling and drawing creation for shop fabrication and details utilizing Autodesk Inventor (Develop 3D CAD models and assemblies; Prepare Bills of Materials, Engineering Change Requests and procedures as needed)
- Responsible for creating drawings for shop fabrication, detailingutilizing Autodesk AutoCAD during the contract process; Prepare Bills of Materials, Engineering Change Requests and procedures as needed
- Understanding of design intent and utilization of CAD Solid modeling and CAD detailing best practices required
- Work closely with Project Engineers to achieve project goals
- Check and authorize drawings and design calculations of other CAD Designers, as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Professional Engineer in good standing (Mechanical preferred) from an accredited university or working towards Professional Engineering certification Minimum of three (3) years Current Autodesk AutoCAD experience Minimum of three (3) years Current solid modeling experience in Autodesk Inventor or Solid Works (Experience with latest versions preferred) Excellent Knowledge and fluency in 3D modeling and AutoCAD Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English Strong numerical ability with experience in modeling software and proposal preparation. Proficient Microsoft Office product knowledge Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor (or other solid modeling software) Sound Engineering Skills with exposure to mechanical design, thermal hydraulics and manufacturing Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with clients and staff at all levels Ability to manage multiple projects/activities in an environment subject to constant change Enthusiastic/High Energy/Hard working/People Person
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OVERVIEW:
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.