Property/Location: Grand Villa Casino
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
If you are proud of your efficiency and like to work with daily challenges with limited supervision then we have the perfect opportunity to develop your career. As an industry leading casino operator, Gateway Casinos is able to offer an exciting and supportive work environment and career path.
With ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage deadlines, the Maintenance Technician will manage and support the general maintenance and repair of the Casino facility, equipment and grounds.
- As directed, performs and supports day-to-day operations and maintenance to Casino facility and grounds.
- Performs inspections and maintenance as required of Casino floor, offices, kitchen facilities, washrooms, all parking areas and grounds.
- Ensures all Safety Standards as described in the Worksafe Regulations are adhered to including protective equipment and clothing.
- Assists in repairing and/or trouble shooting of plumbing, electrical and mechanical issues. Performs general maintenance of Casino assets which include repairs to walls, doors, office furniture, gaming tables and all equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a well equipped and organized workshop. Assists with the purchasing of equipment and inventory and assists with establishing budget and cost saving measures.
- Assists in implementing a comprehensive facilities and equipment preventative maintenance program.
- Assists with the operations of the Building Automated System as directed.
What You Will Require:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel/Casino or hospitality maintenance is preferred
- Good working knowledge of carpentry, finishing, minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, tiling and other associated trades
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures and repair work
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment that is common to building trades
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance software required
- Working knowledge of Outlook (Word and Excel) required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, stand or walk for long periods of time and climb, kneel or crawl into tight spaces
- Working knowledge of WHMIS required
- Must have a valid B.C. Driver’s License and good driving record
- Ability to work flexible hours and available to be on call 24/7 to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Trade certification preferred
What Is Next:If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers