Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon Energy offers a suite of unparalleled services to some of Canada’s largest energy suppliers, providing best-in-class solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, co-generation, and renewable sectors.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW:
Innovative Steam Technologies (IST) is an organization that is focused on helping Power and Energy Producers generate more money by using Once Through Steam Generators (OTSGs) and related technologies IST markets internationally and has installations throughout the world. IST’s manufacturing, engineering, service and sales head office is located in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada with a satellite sales office located in The Hague, Netherlands. Associated companies are IST Boiler Components Inc. (located in Delta, BC). IST is a part of the Aecon Group of companies. For more information please visit our website (www.otsg.com).
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Purchasing Clerk is responsible for supporting the daily administrative activities within the purchasing group
- Assist departments in sourcing materials and act as a liaison for vendors
- Obtain quotes for purchase Requisitions and coordinate Purchase Orders accordingly
- Ensure signatures are present on Requisitions when converting to Purchase Orders
- Compile Purchase Orders with appropriate Terms and Conditions as well as specifications
- Obtain appropriate signatures for Purchase Orders as set out in the procedure
- Scan, save and attached Purchase Orders and communicate deliveries through the Requisition Log
- Send Purchase Orders to suppliers and relay feedback to the Purchasing and Production Control team
- Follow up on orders placed, verify delivery, and oversee the maintenance of necessary records
- Communication of material due dates of critical path items to production control and receiving
- Reconciliation of Purchase Order/receiving and invoice variances
- Create reports such as the weekly receiving schedule and send to group as required
- To act in an ethical and reasonable manner in business dealings with the company’s suppliers
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1-3 years of previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment College diploma in Materials Management or equivalent purchasing experience. Good general business knowledge and computer literacy in MS Office Very effective communicator, both written and spoken. Works well in a team environment encompassing both engineering and non engineering personnel. Positive, goal oriented, financially focused individual.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.