Dundee Corporation is a Canadian independent publicly traded asset management company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "DC.A". Asset management activities are focused in the areas of the Corporation's core competencies and include resources, real estate and infrastructure, and more recently, the agricultural sector.
These activities are carried out by the Corporation's wholly owned subsidiary, Goodman Investment Counsel Inc. Dundee's capital markets and personal investment advisory services are carried out through the "Dundee Capital Markets" and "Dundee Goodman Private Wealth" divisions of its wholly owned subsidiary, Dundee Securities Ltd. Dundee also owns and manages direct investments in its core focus areas and other select investments, through ownership, directly and indirectly, of both publicly listed and private companies.
The ideal professional is a positive, enthusiastic, confident and energetic senior generalist who thrives in a rapidly changing environment and welcomes multiple challenges. The senior generalist will act as a relationship manager for a designated area of the business, providing pro-active and responsive HR partnership in line with business requirements to champion HR initiatives and act as the primary contact for all HR services.
A human resource generalist background with exposure to the agriculture, natural resource or manufacturing industry and extensive experience in industrial relations, compensation (payroll process & systems), benefits, recruitment, multi-provincial and federal employment standards and legislation, business management as well as other HR functions is highly desired.
- Actively build strong working relationships across all levels within the client group by maintaining a working knowledge of the business environment, keeping management and staff informed of HR initiatives and translating business needs into practical solutions.
- Counsel and educate staff on policies, procedures and workplace concerns to help management identify appropriate resolution steps.
- Continually monitor and report on all operational changes within the client group with regards to the tracking and reporting of employee status updates (i.e. new hires, title changes, transfers, salary increases and promotions, attendance, sick and vacation reports).
- Ensure all operational changes have been sanctioned through the standard approval process and dully documented.
- Execute human resource advisory by providing proactive consultancy and guidance to managers through employee and industrial relations issues, performance challenges, disciplinary actions, terminations, employee interventions, leaves and absence, tracking and coordinating the resolution of these issues while ensuring compliance with employment legislation, HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management and administration of benefits programs (STD, LTD, other leaves) and identify ways to improve benefits inefficiencies.
- Working closely with Payroll, assist with the year-end process for responsible client groups – including government filings such as T4/T4A, EHT, etc. and identify ways to improve compensation inefficiencies.
- Handle all aspects of Disability Management (including but not limited to: Form 7’s, modified work plans, return to work, sick policy, contact for WSIB for all claims, RTW Specialist and Ergonomists, contact for all non-occupational claims and monitor time lost to workplace injuries).
- Prepare written health and safety programs and policies, provide training on all new procedures (WHMIS) and complete annual evaluations acting as safety representative within WSPS/IAPA Safety Group and active participant of the JHSC.
- Acting as first point of contact, respond to telephone and email inquiries from staff regarding personnel matters, active issues, policies and procedures.
- Champion continuous improvement with respect to HR Services delivery, improving HR standard operating procedures and actively participate in HR projects as needed.
- Assist with recruitment when needed and conduct exit interviews and investigations when necessary.
- Team player who has a talent for seeing the big picture and demonstrated track record of achieving results.
- Proficient and well-experienced in various functional areas especially those related to benefits & compensation, health and safety for various work classes.
- Passion for getting things right and takes a hands-on, service-minded and solutions-focused approach to work.
- Superior interpersonal, judgment, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written - to assist in developing human resource related policies, administrative guidelines and processes and drafting various internal employee communications).
- Demonstrated resourcefulness with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assertive, confident and consultative in style with strong conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity in dealings with a diverse work group ranging from frontline seasonal and temporary workers to full time staff with complex reporting structures.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data accurately and efficiently to maintain accurate and reliable records.
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality in matters relating to employee concerns and sensitive information.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office is required and good knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- A post-secondary degree, ideally in business or related discipline.
- Minimum of five to ten years of broad-based experience in human resources, ideally in the agriculture, natural resources, manufacturing or energy Industry.
- Technical expertise in multi-provincial and federal employment standard acts and relevant labor laws and legislations.
- Strong technical and computer skills, including extensive experience with HRIS systems (ADP experience is an asset).
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation highly desired.
- CHRP/SHRP designation is considered an asset.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to...
Gain invaluable experience working with a dynamic team of experienced professionals with proven track records and be rewarded with our competitive compensation package.