Property/Location: Cascades Casino, Langley
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
What an exciting opportunity! With exclusive VIP Room facilities and an extraordinary team, as the Executive Host you will lead all VIP Room activities and staff to ensure that outstanding customer service is provided at all times.
In this dynamic position you will also develop relationships with guests throughout the casino to attract and retain business.
If you are driven to build a world class team, love to encourage collaborative and communicative working relationships, and take initiative in finding solutions, this is the career opportunity for you!
- Coordinates all VIP team operations, implements best practices and ensures service standards are maintained
- Manages staff by scheduling, training, appraising performance, and coaching; handles payroll, human resources issues and health and safety practices
- Develops relationships with guests and promotes continuous improvement in VIP team guest relations
- Keeps cost within budget, contributes to business planning and prepares financial reports
- Identifies business opportunities and coordinates or oversees the development and deliverables of them
- Coordinates casino initiatives and ensures team is knowledgeable in products and promotions
- Maintains knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations; liaises with government authorities
What You Will Require:
- 2 years of experience managing a guest relations, casino or hospitality team
- Management/leadership training is an asset
- Post Secondary education in hospitality or a related field is an asset
- Experience working with VIP guests is an asset
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Knowledge of Asian culture and language skills is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work all shifts, evenings, and holidays
What Is Next:
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers