Property/Location: Lake City Casino, Kamloops
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
Gateway offers you the chance to move your career forward. Develop your skills and experience in an environment that is second to none. As a Games Manager, you will be a key member of our operational team and play an important role developing and directing staff to achieve a high level of job performance and customer service excellence.
This position requires an experienced and proactive team leader who will be responsible for the operations of the gaming floor, and supervision of Slot Attendants.The position calls for a professional with a problem solver mind set and sound judgment skills to ensure smooth and efficient table games operations.
- Supervises and observes the Slot Attendants.
- Provides customer service that is fast and efficient while resolving conflicts as they arise to maintain good guest and employee relations.
- Oversees human resources issues and supports staff development initiatives. Using conflict resolution skills, manages staff to achieve and maintain a high and consistent level of job performance and customer service. Creates and reviews staff schedule
- Meets with staff and communicates feedback to casino management.
- Reports all shift activity
- Works closely with the department managers, staff, and external regulatory authorities to help ensure the smooth, efficient operation of the gaming floor.
- Identifies opportunities for revenue growth through business proposals and implements approved actions.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of gaming regulatory policies and notify procedural variances to appropriate party.
What You Will Require:
- Minimum 3 years of gaming experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in supervisory roles
- Understanding of overall Casino operations
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge with word processing software, spreadsheets, email, Internet navigation, and presentation software
- Willing to work all shifts
What Is Next:If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers