Property/Location: Grand Villa Casino, Burnaby
Who We Are:
At Gateway Casinos & Entertainment we know that our remarkable team of 3,000 professionals in nine casinos and three community gaming centers is what makes us stand out in the Canadian Gaming and Hospitality industry.
We hire great people for their professionalism and passion for exceptional customer service. By joining one of the largest casino companies in Canada, you will enjoy various career opportunities, a culture of continuous improvement, and the excitement of an environment that embraces diversity, integrity and fun.
Share your passion for people and service! Welcome to Gateway.
With a combination of your proactive leadership style and genuine interest in customers, you will pave the way for a highly motivated team to create the ideal dining experience!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the front-of-house activities and ensure the best in service and quality.
A Great Fit,if You:
- Take initiative in resolving issues and can empower a team to excel
- Love building relationships, and encouraging open communication and collaboration
- Manage your time well while handling multiple tasks under pressure
- Enjoy the excitement of casino operations
- Balance the strategic with the hands-on
- Are keen on the details and like to balance people interaction with daily paperwork
- Feel most energetic at night and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Manages staff service activities, resources, budget and scheduling
- Supervises and mentors the team; conducts recruitment, training, task allocation, and performance evaluation
- Contributes to the menu and ensures that front-of-house offerings are of the highest caliber
- Maintains and promotes updated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with management and coordinates food and beverage service for special events
What You Will Require:
- 1to 2 years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate
- Serving It Right Certificate to be completed prior to start date
- Leadership skills – able to direct and supervise staff
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
What Is Next:
If this is an opportunity you are interested in and your qualifications match the job described above; please apply electronically and early so that you don't miss this opportunity. This job will remain open and posted on Gateway Careers website until a competitive candidate pool is identified. Gateway is not responsible for the validity of jobs listed on other websites. We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only the most qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted for pre-screening. In the event that you do not hear from us this time around, please feel free to apply for future vacancies.
Gateway is not accepting agency resumes for this position at the moment.www.gatewaycasinos.com/careers