Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Logistics & Inventory, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for effectively managing the shipping/receiving and inventory control functions for Corporate products, supplies, equipment and materials. This role maintains a focus on providing exceptional customer service and care.
- Liaises with Purchasing/Suppliers and other BCLC departments to effectively monitor and control all corporate merchandise, critical supply items and support product inventory levels while maintaining optimal space utilization.
- Maintains inventory levels within BCLC's various distribution systems and regularly communicate levels to appropriate departments.
- Generates purchase requisitions for goods and/or services required
- Completes SAP Goods and Movement receiving
- Coordinates, monitors and manages the packaging and distribution of select merchandise required for the hosting of Special Events across the Province.
- Processes various internal orders as required and liaise with commercial couriers for general queries and scheduling of pick-ups.
- Provides track & trace functionality, ensuring all products are delivered at an acceptable service level.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Minimum 2 years' experience in shipping/receiving, warehousing and inventory control
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing/distribution procedures;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects within established deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of safe work practices as they relate to Warehouse operations and equipment;
- Good knowledge of Warehouse equipment, forklift and hand jack etc.;
- Good knowledge of computerized shipping/receiving and inventory control systems
- Good knowledge of courier network
- Good knowledge ofMS Excel and Word
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to safely lift and move heavy packages (up to 50 lbs.) and equipment;
- Ability to safely use materials handling equipment, including forklift and electric pallet jacks and hand/furniture trucks.
If this sounds like you, please apply online to Posting #2014.006 Shipper/Receiver.