A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
- Support an award winning team of Portfolio Managers.
- Calculate the daily Net Asset Valuation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Improve existing process to reduce risk and increase efficiencies.
- Partner with a seasoned group of Fund Administration professionals.
- Calculate and report daily net asset value for an assigned group of products/funds;
- Reconcile general ledger to subsidiary ledger;
- Review, update and process transactions related to dividends, interest, corporate actions, equities and bonds, fund shares, and portfolio purchase and sales;
- Reconcile bank statements on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and project the cash portion of certain funds for transmission to portfolio managers;
- Reconcile investment income, related expenses as well as the capital units of the funds;
- Resolve outstanding fund accounting issues quickly and efficiently;
- Review tolerance threshold breaks as outlined in department policy;
- Identify problems and participate in their resolution;
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports;
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of semi-annual and year-end financial statements and audited binders;
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of monthly and year-end tax distribution calculations for assigned mutual funds;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisors and/or Managers.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree and/or Diploma, preferably with a specialization in Finance and/or Business;
- General knowledge of financial investment principles, procedures and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs (i.e. Excel and Word);
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong accounting skills preferred;
- Enrollment in the CGA or CMA program an asset;
- Completion of CSC or IFIC an asset.
Addressing your financial needs as well as your overall health and well-being are top priorities at Scotiabank.
We are committed to offering a competitive Total Rewards package.