Reporting to the Quality Lead, the Quality Inspector is responsible for visual inspection and additional verifications required to ensure complete compliance with Client and Code requirements
- Visual inspections of final assemblies including welds, materials, flange faces etc.
- Dimensional verifications.
- Verification of material condition, grade, and specification to ensure compliance with drawings and/or other specific requirements
- NDE coordination including the identification of welds requiring NDE (percentages).
- Review of NDE reports.
- Review of technical documentation including pressure test records, PWHT records, paint/coating reports, torquing/tensioning etc.
- Monitor the control, issue and storage of welding electrodes.
- Review of welder qualifications.
- Witnessing and coordination of certain technical activities as identified by contract or within our Quality manual ie. Hydrotesting
- Ensure that all relevant information has been captured including welding procedure used, welder ID, any variations from the original design etc.
- Maintain quality documentation according to established quality manual and procedures.
- Surveillance activities.
- Assisting with the creation of ITP’s
- Effective transfer of quality related information to the Turnover Coordinator.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- CSA 178.2 level I or II with B31.3 endorsement (W47.1/W59/Sect. VIII/Sect.IX an asset)
- API 510 an asset
- API 570 an asset
- CSA Welding Supervisor an asset.
- Technical Education (WET or MET) or Journeyman certification an asset
- Experience in reviewing isometric drawings.
- Knowledge of various codes of construction (ASME B31.1, B31.3 ASME Sec. VIII, CSA A23.1, CSA B51, CSA W47.1, CSA W59.)
- Current proof of vision requirements.
- Computer software proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent and proven organizational skill in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Willingness to continually learn and advance technical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- ISO knowledge is beneficial