Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruiter will be responsible for providing full cycle Recruitment support to ensure Canonbie achieves their general and specific trade’s recruitment requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in conjunction with the Recruitment team to staff Canonbie’s craft requirements as per the CLAC (Christian Labour Association of Canada) agreement.
• Maintain relationships with vendors, colleges, community- based organizations and other external parties to build a high quality and diverse candidate pool.
• Verify craft personnel credentials to the appropriate apprenticeship boards.
• Apprenticeship Management and coordination.
• Participate in the full-cycle recruiting process, ensuring that the hiring process complies with Canonbie’s policies and procedures and with employment laws and regulations:
• Create and post job profiles.
• Screen incoming applicant resumes.
• Maintain an up-to-date applicant database.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain an understanding of CLAC (Christian Labour Association of Canada) agreement.
• Handle confidential information in a professional manner.
• Support the implementation of HR initiatives as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience with craft recruitment.
• Apprenticeship management experience is considered an asset.
• Proven ability to deal appropriately with confidential information and sensitive issues.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees, and build rapport with craft employees.
• Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Ability to utilize application tracking software.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Exposure to the industrial construction industry an asset.