Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally. Aecon is pleased to be recognized as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
The Learning Coordinator will be a member of the Organizational Development Team with a focus on coordinating and providing support for all Aecon University learning initiatives, with a specific focus to support the implementation and operation of a Learning Management System. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to processes, programs, and systems that support organizational learning and development in a fast paced, rapidly growing construction company.
- Align with the business needs – Collaborate with the business to determine gaps and performance outcomes required for identifying and developing relevant training and non-training solutions
- Care about what is really needed – Leveraging subject matter experts within the business, create relevant learning objectives, determine best-fit delivery methods, and build a well-connected outline that will be meaningful to end users and the business operations
- Engage the end users – Creatively bring ideas to life, develop appropriate content for the selected delivery methods, including supporting materials and T3 formats. Consider the full learning experience from the end users’ point of view
- Deploy a quality product – Facilitate T3 sessions and engage subject matter experts, ready the training for delivery, and provide back-up support
- Measure for success – Collaborate with subject matter experts, business partners, and participants to ensure that the training is relevant, engaging, and aligned to drive desired outcomes. Assess and continuously improve
- Contribute as part of a team – Engage and support other Learning & Development team members to ensure consistent design standards are applied and that maximum team performance is achieved, including creative design and flawless execution
- Role model a passion for excellence – Stay abreast of industry trends and learning innovations, provide consultation on training materials, and develop delivery capabilities among subject matter expert instructors
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, design techniques, and innovative courseware is required
- 10+ years experience with demonstrated results in the hands-on instructional design of blended learning solutions (i.e. instructor-led, e-learning, job aids, action learning, self-paced) is required
- Creativity that engages and inspires high performance
- Strong diagnostic and communication skills
- Ability to build credible relationships and collaborate with others
- Demonstrated self starter who is results driven
- Advanced skills using Microsoft applications & authoring software (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
- Project management skills, including creating and monitoring service level agreements
- CTP and/or CTDP would be considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in French would be considered an asset
- Prior exposure to the construction industry would be considered an asset
Interested candidates may apply directly through our Careers Website under "View Jobs": http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs. You may sort by Business Unit to see this position under Human Resources.