Reporting to the Project Manager, the Lead Field Engineer will take a supervisory/lead role and act as a liaison between the project team and the client. He/She will be responsible for providing the technical support for the project team and making sure that the project team is properly communicating, and being able to deliver the project work as planned.
- Act as a project liaison between the client, subcontractors, and project team.
- Coordinate/Supervise requests for design changes, clarifications, and technical/engineering issues with the clients/subcontractors by preparing RFI's and NCR's using L&H "Integrated Construction Management System" (ICMS).
- Participate in setting up the cost code structure of the project (i.e. accounting codes).
- Participate in/supervise setting up project information and cost does in ICMS.
- Coordinate the work between estimating and site by
- Prioritizing the EWP’s/CWP’S requirements on site.
- Defining/reviewing the site requirements/expectations from estimating.
- Reviewing the estimate structure/breakdown with the project estimating lead before uploading the estimate to ICMS.
- Providing the necessary information that estimating needs to complete their estimates.
- Monitor and review scope changes.
- Prepare subcontractor packages including scope, terms and conditions, negotiated agreement for submission and purchasing.
- Supervise the change management system on site by making sure that the project staff understands the system and how the changes should be managed and tracked on site.
- Review drawings for construction including isometrics and vendor drawings prior to construction.
- Prepare/review cost estimates for any scope changes/trends.
- Lead the project team and maintain the engineering support for the fieldwork to ensure effective flow of work.
- Act as a field-fabrication shop-module yard liaison to ensure effective coordination between the three areas.
- Ensure that the site staff/crew understands the cost code structure of the project and that they are charging their expended hours to the right cost codes.
- Supervise the team responsible for developing the field installation work packages.
- Review and analyze the project control reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project control leads and project team, and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable (around 1-PF) performance/productivity.
- Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within anticipated cost and schedule.
- Supervise and mentor junior and intermediate technical service specialists.
- Participate in the hiring process of new technical service specialists.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the project manager /construction manager in preparing the project execution plan.
- Offer support to the project manager in preparing, revising and monitoring the project budget.
- Assist the project manager in preparing project monthly reports and forecasting.
- Assist in the material receiving, tracking and purchasing.
- Support site QC work.
- Support ICMS document control and progress & productivity modules.
- Support ICMS estimating data uploading process.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to read schedules and scheduling curves/reports.
- Organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work site
- Interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset.
- Knowledge of industrial codes and standards.
- Post secondary education - Bachelor of Science (Engineering discipline) or C.E.T.
- Five (5) + years of related experience.